- Value Added Solutions
A "Power Supply" is more than just an electronic device. It is the "heart" of our customers' systems and the core element of safety, compliance and reliability. TDK-Lambda’s product catalog of over 6,000 standard models provides us with the largest selection of power platforms to leverage our value add capabilities for our POWER + Solutions.
If your needs aren’t met by our standard products, TDK-Lambda's POWER + Solutions can be utilized to support your requirements.
Any TDK-Lambda power supply may be used as a starting point, and your Power + Solution/Modified Standard will retain the proven reliability of the product from which it was modified.
Examples included Input/Output connector, signal, output voltage adjustment, conformal coating, firmware change, reduced leakage current, addition of test points or indicator lights, etc.
Examples include custom racks or enclosures, communication/control, ruggedization, special wire harnesses, switches, fuses, fans, heat sinks, and other additional functionality.
The "PLUS" in Power +
Faster Time to Market
Low Cost Manufacturing & Reduced System Cost
Increased Productivity (High Level Assembly and Turnkey Solutions)
World Class Design & Engineering Support
Lower Development Risk
Reliable "heart" of your system
- Filter design for specific ripple and noise standards
- Full Digital Monitoring and Control
- Design and Simulation Tools (3D modeling, thermal, stress and mass simulation)
- Firmware development
- Battery charging solutions
- Voltage adjustments
- Cable assemblies/custom interconnects
- Product ruggedization
- Advanced Topologies (Bridgeless Totem Pole PFC)
Safety, Compliance, Quality and Testing
- Safety Compliance Engineering/Full Turnkey Certification
- Expert knowledge of UL, TÜV, CSA, CE and CB schemes
- ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO13485 certified facilities
- ITAR Compliance
- ITE, Industrial and Medical Safety/EMC Standards
- HALT, HASS and additional Environmental Testing
- 100% parametric DVT testing
Collaborative Design Approach
- TDK-Lambda's Engineering team is an extension of our customers' Engineering teams
- Global field engineering support for you
- Extensive Design Integration and Program Management Support
Global Manufacturing and Design Support
- Six Global ISO9001 and ISO14001 Engineering centers in Japan, China, Singapore, UK, Israel and USA
- Manufacturing locations in Japan, China, Europe, Asia and the Americas
Breadth of Product Strength
- More than 6,000 fully qualified standard models to be used as building blocks
- AC-DC, DC-DC, High Voltage and Programmable AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies
- Additional products include EMC and EMI noise filters
70+ Years of Knowledge and Expertise
- Leaders in the development and application of advanced technologies
- More than 700 patents
- Integrating latest components (GaN semiconductors) and design techniques
- Professional Failure Analysis
- Process Capability Index (Cp, CpK Requirements)
- Advanced Statistical Controls
- Industry-leading Warranties
- Rigid component Approved Vendor List (AVL) selection and management
Reliability by Design
- Detailed EVT/DVT test plans
- Product qualification consistent with IPC9592B guidelines
(HALT, HASS, TCT, THB, shock and vibration and demonstrated life testing)
- Reliability Models (MTBF, Bel-core, Mil-Std-217)
- Component Stress Analysis
Accumulating more than 70 years of know-how and history, TDK-Lambda is a world class leader in the design and manufacture of power supplies for the Industrial, Medical, Semiconductor, Communications and Test & Measurement market.
#1 Global Supplier for Industrial and Medical Power Supplies (Source: IHS Market)
Power + Solutions is an extension of value add; we modify TDK-Lambda standard products or integrate your assembly to offer avenues of increased productivity, lower costs and added functionality.
Collaboration is Key
Our value is optimized as we become an intrinsic part of our customers’ total power solution, from extensive design-in support, production volume through scale and cost reduction, to end of life strategies. Our role enables our customers to achieve a clear competitive advantage. Our motivation is our customers’ complete satisfaction.
- Professional Global Sales network eager to serve as trusted advisors to our customers
- Knowledgeable, highly-responsive globally-based technical support team
- Multiple TDK-Lambda owned manufacturing locations
- Highly-experienced global logistics capability
- Our Engineering teams are an extension of your engineering team for Power
- Extensive global field engineering support for customers
- Executive Organization commitment - Foster long term partnerships
Global Manufacturing and Engineering Expertise
TDK-Lambda Corporation, a subsidiary of TDK Corporation, is a leading global supplier of power conversion products and recognized leader in the industrial and medical market. With global sales of over $500 million, we have design, manufacturing, and sales locations in all five (5) key geographic locations; Japan, China, Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
TDK-Lambda has the unique ability to leverage our global platforms to best utilize the strength of our worldwide engineering teams. This enhances our abilities in quality, reliability, customer support, and innovation for new products.
- Six Global Engineering centers of expertise; Japan, China, Singapore, UK, Israel, USA
- TDK has R&D centers near major universities (Bristol, UK; Tokyo, Japan; Karmiel, Israel)
- All TDK-Lambda engineering and sales centers, plus our directly owned factories are ISO9001 and ISO14001 certified
- Extensive library of innovative field-proven designs
- Comprehensive in-house qualification and validation facilities with FA down to component level
Breadth of Product Strength
Our product catalog boasts over 6,000 models, covering a range from 1.5W to 100kW. The offering includes AC-DC Power Supplies, High Voltage Power Supplies, DC-DC Converters, Programmable AC-DC and DC-DC Power Supplies, and EMC / EMI noise filters. All global sites are ISO9001, ISO13485, and ISO14001 certified.
- Enables vendor reduction - custom and standard power supplies from one source
- Wide base of standard products provides us with the largest selection of power platforms to leverage for modified and Value Add solutions in the shortest development time frame
Pioneers in Innovation
Our position as a highly experienced, leading global supplier means we can capitalize on our extensive Advanced Technology Research. Our collaboration with top universities and our expanding portfolio of over 700 patents offers assurances we will provide the next generation of innovative, leading edge power solutions to our customers. Highly motivated R&D teams, located in design facilities worldwide, apply knowledge of the key attributes from a myriad of different applications gained from years of experience.
- Leaders in development and practical application of advanced technologies
- Higher Efficiencies (less heat generation and enabling greater power densities for smaller footprint)
- Detailed thermal analysis with derating, allowing peak power requirements to be delivered reliably and safely without oversizing (and overpaying) for the power supply
- TDK-Lambda has benefited from TDK's acknowledged expertise in ferrite and multilayer capacitors by jointly developing advanced components to improve the efficiency and performance of TDK-Lambda's power supply products
- Integrating the latest components (GaN semiconductors), topologies, and design techniques into our latest product designs such as the PFH
- In house firmware and software development to develop IP and respond quickly to customer modification requests
- Manufacturing is done in TDK-Lambda owned factories. This allows advanced process development and new manufacturing techniques can be seamlessly incorporated into products.
- Highly automated DVT and thermal characterization testing process allows testing over a broad range of operating conditions and guarantees consistent results.
Quality is an integral part of everything we do. Our process includes a tightly controlled approved vendor list (AVL), incoming inspection, rigorous testing, field proven topologies and components, test data validation, and extraordinary process reliability. These factors combine to generate elite product quality levels.
- Industry-leading warranties
- Rigid component AVL selection and management process
- A supply chain committed to utilize only authorized sources of supply
- Advanced statistical controls, Process capability index – Cp, CpK requirements
- Pilot production process to study processes and guarantee high manufacturing yields within specification
- Many process inspection controls including checkpoints at component, sub-assembly, and final product levels
- Professional Failure Analysis to identify root cause to component level
- Corrective Action reports (8-D) accompanied by extensive technical support to help resolve application issues and prevent additional failures
Reliability by Design
A development process requiring products to meet or exceed stringent internal design guidelines. Products are subjected to a series of rigorous reviews with brutally honest and logical judgements at each stage. TDK-Lambda was recognized for providing the industry’s first power supplies with a limited lifetime warranty. We stand behind our products and don’t expect them to fail.
- Large, global, fully-qualified component database giving economy of scale and long product life cycles
- Worldwide unified design standards
- Best in class operating life times; field failures are reduced by designing E-caps for 15+ year life, applying proper electrical and thermal derating, and use of high quality components
- Higher efficiency/advanced thermal management for lower operating temps and longer life
- Detailed EVT/DVT test plan incorporating lessons learned from decades of experience in field applications
- Product Qualification consistent with IPC9592B guidelines - HALT, TCT, THB, HASS, shock and vibration, and demonstrated life testing
- Reliability models/component stress analysis; MTBF, Bel-core, Mil-Std-217 and DMTBF analysis in production